Welcome to the Structural Bioinformatics Group!
Synopsis of Our Activities
Our goal is to undertake bioinformatics-related research and education with emphasis on structural bioinformatics to improve our understanding of living systems.
This understanding covers research into evolution, structure, function and interaction of proteins, disease relationships with focus on immunology and cancer. We accept the challenge to predict the results of in vitro experiments by in silico screening and simulation.
Along the way, we develop resources for the community, for example:
- the SuperPred webserver
- the Protox webserver
- the Transformer database
- the SuperPain database
- the Promiscuous database
- the SynSysNet database
More information about databases and applications developed in our group is available here.
- 2014-10 Super Natural II: A database of natural products" accepted for publication in Nucleic Acids Research (Database issue).
- 2014-09 Bioinf-teaching: Block module "Structural bioinformatics".
- 2014-09 Preliminary meeting for the block module "Structural bioinformatics" will take place on 15.09.2014 at 11.15 am at Campus Buch. For further information please click here.
- 2014-05 SuperPred: Update on drug classification and target prediction" accepted for publication in Nucleic Acids Research (Web server issue).
- 2014-04 ProTox: A web server for the in silico prediction of rodent oral toxicity" accepted for publication in Nucleic Acids Research (Web server issue).
- 2014-02 Bioinf-teaching: Pracitcal course "current questions of structural bioinformatics".
Block module: 24.02.2014 - 07.03.2014 from 10 am to 5 pm.
- 2014-02 Preliminary meeting for the practical course "current questions of structural bioinformatics" will take place on 17.02.2014 at 11.15 am at Campus Buch. For further information please click here.
- 2013-11 "SuperPain - a resource on pain-relieving compounds targeting ion channels" accepted for publishing in Nucleic Acids Res.(Database issue).
- 2013-11 "The Transformer database: Biotransformation of xenobiotics" accepted for publishing in Nucleic Acids Res.(Database issue).
- 2013-11 "mVOC: a database of microbial volatiles" accepted for publishing in Nucleic Acids Res.(Database issue).
- 2013-10 "Polymorphic Cytochrome P450 Enzymes (CYPs) and their role in Personalized Therapy" accepted for publishing in PLOS ONE.
- 2013-09 New funding: BMBF - IMMUNOTOX
- 2013-07 PD Dr. Preissner gives a KeyNote at the ISMB (International Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology).
- 2012-01 "SuperTarget goes quantitative: update on drug-target interactions" is published in Nucleic Acids Research Database issue.
- 2011-11 "Binding sites in membrane proteins - diversity, druggability and prospects" is published in European Journal of Cell Biology.
- 2011-04 Cobweb got accepted for publication in Bioinformatics.
- 2010-10 PROMISCUOUS got accepted for publication in Nucleic Acids Research Database issue.
- 2010-03 We have moved to a new location, see contact for details.