Welcome to the Structural Bioinformatics Group!
Synopsis of Our Activities
Our goal is to undertake bioinformatics-related research and education with emphasis on structural bioinformatics to improve our understanding of living systems.
This understanding covers research into evolution, structure, function and interaction of proteins, disease relationships with focus on immunology and cancer. We accept the challenge to predict the results of in vitro experiments by in silico screening and simulation.
Along the way, we develop resources for the community, for example:
More information about databases and applications developed in our group is available here.
- 2012-01 "SuperTarget goes quantitative: update on drug-target interactions" is published in Nucleic Acids Research Database issue.
- 2011-11 "Binding sites in membrane proteins - diversity, druggability and prospects" is published in European Journal of Cell Biology.
- 2011-04 Cobweb got accepted for publication in Bioinformatics.
- 2010-10 PROMISCUOUS got accepted for publication in Nucleic Acids Research Database issue.
- 2010-03 We have moved to a new location, see contact for details.